Posts Tagged vocabulary
Teaching vocabulary can be tricky, but not if you relate it to contexts which students can associate with. Remember:
- Provide students with continuous opportunities for applying words in receptive and productive situations
- Recycle often, even if doing so isn’t included in the textbook
- Give your students more than the basic vocabulary: gradual expansion is the key
- Organize words to help students organize their knowledge.
- cultural considerations with connotations
- word changes through form.
Look at this slideshare presentation, Teaching Vocabulary. Did you learn anything new?
The Internet is full of activities that students can practice and play vocabulary on. Look at the slideshare presentation ICT Tools for Teaching Vocabulary. What game, worksheet, interactive Web tool or just plain fun activity did you like from this presentation or any other space? Which You can use any of these ideas or tools to share on your blog. Set up your own game using the words that you must learn from the TKT glossary and create and play with your own game.
Write your ideas in a reflection for your blog and link us to the site you recommend. Include: Why do you recommend this tool? How would you use it with your learners?